CEZ Group is an internationally operating group which ranks among the Top 10 largest European companies on power markets, both according to the number of customers and installed capacity. The strategic goal of the Group is to become the leader of power markets in Central and South-Eastern Europe.
|The parent company and the heart of ČEZ Group is the largest electricity producer in the Czech Republic, ČEZ a.s. (joint-stock company), founded by the National Property Fund of the Czech Republic in year 1992. The foundations of the present form of ČEZ Group were laid in 2003 when ČEZ Power Company merged with distribution companies. Eventually, three distribution companies and one power plant in Bulgaria, one distribution company in Romania and two power plants in Poland became part of the Group. The Group also has trade agencies in Germany, Slovakia, Hungary, and agencies in Serbia and Kosovo that monitor local business opportunities.||
ČEZ Corporate Chair in Economics
The Institute of Economic Studies and ČEZ Group established the Corporate Chair in 2006. The relationship between the Institute of Economic Studies and ČEZ Group is based on:
- promotion ČEZ Group as a partner of the Institute of Economic Studies and as a perspective future employer
- cooperation with specialists on projects and topics connected to the field of energy industry
The cooperation takes the following forms:
- research/market/economic studies focused particularly on the electricity markets in the European Union
- internships within the ČEZ Group
- Brabcová, E., Hlavsa, J.: Industrial Electricity Consumption: Analysis for the Czech Republic
- Flasza, R., Rippel, M. Šolc, J.: Modeling Long-Term Electricity Contracts at EEX
- Flasza, R., Krištoufek, L.: Gas Pricing in Europe
- Jánský, P., Šolc, J.: Overview of Demand and Supply of the European Natural Gas Market
CEZ Corporate Chair position is currently held by PhDr. Jozef Baruník, Ph.D.