CFS - elective
EEI a HP - povinně volitelný
ET - povinně volitelný
F,FT a B - povinně volitelný
Magisterský - vše
MEF - elective
Semestr - letní
|Garanti:|| Mgr. Tomáš Hülle
|Literatura:||To be provided|
|Popis:||The purpose of the course is to introduce the basic features of business dispute resolution world. Leading practitioners will join seminars to speak about real cases and how to handle practical issues once a corporation is involved in commercial problems.
The course will focus on main options for solving disputes together with role of economic experts in their resolution. Therefore, the course will generally cover:
- crisis management,
- arbitration, and
- litigation as main dispute resolution mechanisms.
The entire course will be prepared in a very practical way and all classes based on discussion, students work and opinions. During first lecture, we will look at the students' backgrounds and their future interests and all classes will be adjusted to it. Please note that materials will not be repeated during lectures and they will be only discussed during classes.
Plan of lectures is as follows:
1. Introduction to course. Alternative dispute resolution.
CIGS (Pavlína Vágnerová, Tomáš Hülle)
2. International Commercial Arbitration I (Ondřej Čech)
3. International Commercial Arbitration II (Ondřej Čech)
4. Litigation (Zdeněk Kučera)
5. Arbitrations in the Czech Republic
6. Investment Arbitration (Maria Poláková)
- Easter holidays -
8. Case Studies
9. Role of Economists in Dispute Resolution Practice (Sirshar Qureshi)
11. Negotiation (Tomáš Hülle)
12. Harvard Negotiation Game (PwC)
13. Final Exam (Pavlína Vágnerová)