Deloitte Outstanding Thesis Award nominations
The Institute of Economic Studies of the Faculty of Social Sciences at Charles University (IES) and Deloitte grant the Deloitte Outstanding Thesis Award (DOT Award) for exceptional Bachelor’s or Master’s Theses defended at IES.
In June 2020, following theses are considered for the award:
- Šimon Appelt: Website Development as a Credence Good: A Field Experiment
- Sergey Bolshakov: Monetary Policy Under Behavioral Expectations: An Empirical Validation of the Heuristic Switching Model
- Alex Vinogradov: Stock-Flow Consistent Macroeconomic Modelling
- Jan Zítek: Capturing the effects of renewable resources on electricity prices: Evidence from the Czech Republic
- Michal Zítek: A Dynamic Approach to Fuel Hedging with Reference to the 2020 International Maritime Organization Regulations
- Kateřina Havelková: Predicting stock market crises using investor sentiment indicators
- Norbert Skákala: Does economic uncertainty spill across countries?
- Renáta Wojnarová: The Effect of M&A on Competitors‘ Performance in China and the US
Examination committees recommend approximately top 10% of the best theses for nomination. Then, program directors (“garanti programů”) decide on the nominations based on the IES thesis grading criteria.
A thesis can be nominated only if the author(s) give(s) consent to provide Deloitte with (i) the thesis, (ii) the supervisor’s and the opponent’s evaluation reports, and (iii) the examination committee’s motivation of their grading decision.
DOT Award winners receive the prize at an annual ceremony held at Deloitte premises typically in September or October. DOT Award winners will be announced at IES homepage.
Autor - Mgr. Ema C. Stašová