Study at the IES: an overview
For Czech-speaking students
The Institute offers education for Czech-speaking students at three levels:
- Bachelor degree of three years. The degree focuses on intensive traininig in mathematics, statistics and econometrics. Major fields in economics and finance are covered in courses surveying recent theory and empirics.
- Master degree of two years, with three majors: (i)Finance, Financial Markets and Banking, (ii) European Economic Integration and Economic Policy and (iii) Economic Theory (with an option to pass equivalent courses at CERGE-EI).
- Doctoral degree of at least three years, designed for students with deep interest in economic research.
For foreign students
- Master in Economics and Finance is a two-year English-language Master programme accredited by the Czech Ministry of Education. The program covers advanced economics and finance, and offers a host of applied courses in economics and finance.
- Bachelor in Economics and Finance is a three-year English-language program, giving the students a thorough grounding in both theoretical and applied economics. We will open in the academic year 2011/2012.
For details, visit also the webpage of the International Office.
Each term, we organize a detailed anonymous course evaluation filled in by the students. The average grade of the course is as follows (0... minimum, 5... maximum):
||Fall 09||Spring 10||Fall 10||Spring 11||Fall 11||Spring 12|