Bachelor in Economics and Finance (BEF)
There is no entrance examinations. Applicants' materials will be assessed by an admissions committee. The application process is online only.
We require each applicant to provide:
- Completed application form,
- Copies of diplomas and transcripts of records,
- Curriculum vitae (resume),
- Motivation letter,
- Letter(s) of recommendation (references),
- Certificates of language and ability tests,
- for admission criteria please follow this link.
Knowledge of English : Applicants who are native speakers of English or whose high school studies were conducted in English do not need to provide evidence of their level of English. Other applicants should provide results either from IELTS (minimum required points: 6.5; in addition, 6.5 points from at least three components), or from TOEFL (minimum required points: 90) or from an equivalent test (e.g. CAE).
Knowledge of mathematics: Another pre-condition for acceptance is to reach the required number of points set by the Dean for that particular academic year, through the following options:
- Predicted or final mark in the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Group 5 – Mathematics. The required minimum from the overall predicted or final IB score is 32 points, or
- General Certificate of Education Advanced Level (A Levels), one of which is Maths, or
- College Scholastics Ability Test (Suneung), or
- SAT test (Math and Evidence-Based Reading and Writing), or SAT Subject test Math Level 1, or SAT Subject test Math Level 2, orThe ACT Composite test, or
- SCIO Mathematics, or
- Final exam in mathematics from UJOP, Charles University, Podebrady, with a required minimum of 75 points.
Only test results from within the previous two calendar years can be accepted. An alternative to these tests is to have passed the course JEB122 Introductory Mathematics at the Faculty of Social Sciences, Charles University.
Confirmation of studies may be substituted with a transcript of marks, provided that these are from the same academic year as the application.
All documents which are not originally in Czech, Slovak or English must be accurately translated into English.
The early admissions deadline for academic year 2017/18 is 28th February 2018. The early admissions deadline is strongly recommended for students from non-EU or non-EFTA countries who will need a student visa in order to study in the Czech Republic.
The regular deadline for academic year 2017/18 is 30th April 2018.
The application fee is 530 CZK (approximately 20 EUR).
Detailed information about the admission process for BEF programme are available at this link.