- McKinsey: McKinsey offers internships. For details see here.
- Internship programs at BCG - please see details here.
Banking and Finance
- Karel Janda and Milan Scasny are looking for advanced Bc., Mgr. or early stage Ph.D. student with a research interest in economics of climate or energy or environment, who would be interested in getting in touch with world leading researchers (both current and future) in these areas in GEOCEP universities (www.geocep.cuni.cz). We offer such a student an opportunity to work in GEOCEP administrative team. This offer is valid up to 2024. It is expected the applicant is enrolled in one of study programs at IES at least till the end of 2023.
- Petr Janský is seeking a skilled research assistant. Corporate tax avoidance and international tax competition are high on the media and research agenda. Still, there is no conclusive answer to the question of how aggressive countries are in stealing other countries' corporate tax bases. I am seeking a research assistant who would answer this question for about 60 to 250 jurisdictions worldwide with a combination of quantitative and qualitative data (sources of both of which I will share with those interested). The expected workload is about one month full-time or a few months part-time and the research assistance is paid. The work will be mostly data-intensive and I expect that most of it will be carried out in Stata or R, but good writing skills would help draft technical parts of the methodology. Please get in touch with me, Petr Janský, if you are interested. This work will build on the Corporate Tax Haven Index (https://corporatetaxhavenindex.org/), published recently by the Tax Justice Network, on which I collaborated and which has identified the UK and a handful of OECD countries as the jurisdictions most responsible for the breakdown of the global corporate tax system.
- An internship offer for the French speaking students. Air France KLM. Please see the details here.
- New: WHO internship programme. Please see the details here.
- The European Central Bank (ECB) is seeking applications for participation in its summer research graduate programme. Please see the details here. Available traineeships here.
- The World Bank offers internships to young people interested in learning more about the economic and social issues that affect people's lives around the world. The programme offers opportunities to study and work that provide a hands-on experience. The Bank's Internship Programme offers graduate students an opportunity to improve their skills as well as the experience of working in an international environment, please see the details here.
- The European Central Bank (ECB) is seeking applications for participation in its summer research graduate programme. Please see the details here.
- Traineeships in the European Commission. Please see the details here.
- Various internships in Spain. Please see the list enclosed.