|Status:||CSF - elective
EEI and EP - elective
Ekonomie veřejného sektoru a zdravotnictví - mandatory
ET - elective
F,FM and B - elective
Masters - all
MEF - elective
Semester - summer
|Course supervisors:|| doc. Paola Bertoli M.A., MSc., Ph.D.
PhDr. Jana Votápková Ph.D.
1. Olsen, J.A. (2017) Principles in Health Economics and Health Policy, available from UK Library: Accessible from UK library:
2. Bhattacharya, J., Hyde T., Tu, P. (2014) Health Economics
3. McPake, B., Normand, C. Smith, S, Nolan, A. (2020), Health Economics: An international Perspective, 4th edition
Accessible from UK library:
Supportive reading for seminars:
- Interesting papers that should capture your attention
- Available under weeks in syllabus
|Description:||The course features a series of lectures on health economics theory and related issues. Lectures are complemented by seminars.
The course provides students with the framework to understand how health systems are organized from the point of view of funding, financing, pooling, purchasing, provision of health care and regulation of health systems. Topics regarding performance, effectiveness, and quality of health systems are also discussed.