On October 25, 2022, the Deloitte Outstanding Thesis Award (DOT Award) was presented at Deloitte headquarters in Prague.
With its name, the DOT Award not only refers to the Deloitte logo, but also represents a symbolic closure of the challenging study at IES FSV UK. It was established in 2018 thanks to the long-term partnership between IES and Deloitte. The examination committees nominate approximately top 10% of the best graduate theses every year. Later, the program directors evaluate the nominations based on the IES thesis grading criteria. The winning papers are finally presented to Deloitte representatives.
The presentations, followed by the awarding of diplomas and prizes, and a networking reception were attended by the representatives of Deloitte Marek Romancov, David Marek and Radovan Fišer, Deloitte Corporate Chair and coordinator of the cooperation at IES Jiří Novák and the DOT award laureates for 2022.
The awarded theses' details, including abstracts and reviews, can be found at the links below:
- Bc. Ondřej Habáň: Consequences of Implementation of Video Assistant Referee in Fortuna Liga
- Bc. Lucia Sihelská: The case of coal: A meta-analysis of demand and substitution
- Bc. Eva Skácelíková: Testing the Use of Choice Defaults to Stimulate Behavior of Dancers
- Mgr. Jan Kutman GDPNow for the Czech Republic
- Mgr. Erik Němčík : High Frequency Identification of Monetary Policy Shocks in Sweden
- Mgr. Anna Umlaufová: Determinants of Crime in Eastern Europe with a Focus on Czechia and Slovakia
- Mgr. Jan Picálek: Mispricing in leveraged value small-capitalization stocks
- Mgr. Dominik Benk Stock Trading Using a Deep Reinforcement Learning and Text Analysis
- Mgr. Kateřina Kafková Economic Effects of Germans’ Expulsion from Czechoslovakia Revisited
- Mgr. Alexander Mačejovský Multi-country ABM perspective on business cycles and deleveraging crises
- Mgr. Jan Malecha Dynamic Network Risk across main U.S. sectors
We would like to thank all nominees for the exceptional effort they have put into selecting their topic and the quality of their graduate theses.
Autor - Barbora Holková