The Alumni Association was established by the former students of IES FSV UK in 1997 when the Association also began its efforts to support teachers and students of IES FSV UK. In 2001, the Association initiated the program Support for publishing activities of IES FSV UK students. This program has been replaced in 2009 by the current Alumni Chair program.
At the same time the Alumni Association organized several meetings of members, which always had excellent participation and a very positive response. These social events traditionally serve as an opportunity to obtain funds to support programs for young teachers at IES FSV UK
Previous Alumni events:
- 18 October 2012, annual Alumni meeting was held at the halls of the Czech National Bank where more than 120 alumni gathered. This year, a panel discussion was introduced. Interesting guest speakers were selected among Alumni members. You can enter the photogallery. Brief report coming soon.
- 22 November 2011, Banquet in Wine restaurant Monarch was attended by more than 110 Alumni members. You can read the presentation of new IES director Martin Gregor about studium of economics at IES and access the image gallery. A short report about this evening is available. Alumni Chair 2011 was sponsored by LUX-IDent, Penta Investments, Renomia, Roland Berger Strategy Consultants and Procter & Gamble.
- 1 March 2011, Alumni meeting in JazzDock to thank Michal Mejstřík, co-founder of IES, for his last eighteen years spent as IES professor, IES director and favorite mentor, organized at the event of his abdication from the post of director. The familiar atmosphere surrounded nearly 100 Alumni members, students and teachers. See the gallery.
- 2 December 2010, Banquet in café Adria was attended by 120 Alumni Members. You can see the picture gallery. Alumni Chair 2010 was sponsored by LUX-IDent, Penta Investments, Renomia, and Roland Berger Strategy Consultants.
- 22 October 2009, Banquet at the premises of ZOOM Congress Center in Prague. See the accompanying article (in Czech) and the photos. You can also download the slides presented by prof. Mejstřík and Julie Chytilová. The organization of this Banquet and Alumni Chair 2009 award was sponsored by LUX-IDent, Penta Investments, Renomia, and Roland Berger Strategy Consultants, 200 people attended.
- 30 October 2008, a Banquet in the premises of Czech National Bank, under the auspices of the CNB governor Zdeněk Tůma. For more information about the Banquet, see the accompanying article (in Czech) and the photos can be viewed here.
- 27 October 2004, a Banquet in the premises of host and main sponsor PricewaterhouseCoopers under the auspices of the CNB governor Zdeněk Tůma
- 27 June 2001, a Banquet under the auspices of the CNB governor Zdeněk Tůma in the premises of the host and main sponsor PricewaterhouseCoopers. One of the results of the 2001 Banquet was a new program of Support for publishing activities of IES FSV UK students, to which the Alumni allocated 40 000 CZK.
- April 1999, a Banquet under the auspices of Ing. Pavel Kysilka, former vice-governor of the Czech National Bank and a former teacher of our school. By the time of this social event over 100 students graduated from the IES FSV UK (at Masters' level) and the number of members of the Alumni Association has reached a hundred. Banquet 99 has been financially supported by Citibank, Alcatel, Deloitte & Touche, APS Renomia and JOKO Consulting.
- November 1997, alumni meeting under the auspices of Doc. Josef Zieleniec, former foreign minister and cofounder of the Faculty of Social Sciences. This event has become the first constituent general meeting of the Alumni Association.