Why Charles University?
Why Charles University?
- Why study Economics and Finance at Charles University in Prague?
- To study at the best school in Economics in the Czech Republic. (We have ranked 1st for four consecutive years since 2012.)
- To enjoy a genuinely international atmosphere. (The average classes have about 50% of international students.)
- To study in a program with CFA Institute University Affilitation Program, which applies to both Bachelor in Economics and Finance (BEF) and Master in Economics and Finance (MEF).
- To win a competitive local or international job.
- To receive an automatic work permit. (Our graduates are automatically eligible to seek job in any of the EU countries.)
- To have access to career advisors, internships and mentoring.
- Upon excellent study results, to receive a scholarship (up to a full tuition waiver).
- To easily proceed with an even more advanced degree at a recognized university abroad.
The International Office of Faculty of Social Sciences is responsible for the admission process and for helping to arrange the stay of international students at Charles University. Visit their homepage for many useful details.
For international students, the following tuition-based programs are offered:
Bachelor in Economics and Finance (BEF) is a three-year English-language Bachelor's degree program accredited by the Czech Ministry of Education.
Master in Economics and Finance (MEF) is a two-year English-language Master's degree program accredited by the Czech Ministry of Education, which aims to give the student a thorough grounding in both theoretical and applied economics.
Master in Finance and Data Analytics (MFDA) is a two-year English-language Master's degree program accredited by the Czech Ministry of Education that is designed to pair the key areas of finance and data analytics.
Corporate Strategy and Finance (CSF) is a Masters double-degree program with the University of Strasbourg accredited both in the Czech Republic and in France.
PhD in Economics and Finance is a doctoral, theoretically-oriented study, that takes at least three years to complete. It is designed for students interested in advanced economics who aim to conduct research in economics and finance, both in academia and in the private sector. Talented students receive a doctoral scholarship.