Why study Economics and Finance at Charles University in Prague?
Our school teaches Economics and Finance both at the undergraduate and post-graduate levels with the aim of providing internationally highly competitive education in the beautiful city of Prague. The key features of our school are:
- Quantitative skills. We build upon 7 core Mathematics, Statistics and Econometrics courses on the undergraduate level.
- International environment. 88% of all Master's and 70% of all Bachelor's courses are in English. More than 1,500 international students from 83 countries have studied with us over the last 10 years.
- Stay abroad. We offer 50 Erasmus+ exchange agreements, plus study-abroad opportunities out of Europe, including Australia, China, and South Korea.
- Family size. 90 Bachelors, 80 Masters, and 5 PhDs graduate annually from our programs. Teaching as well as thesis writing is intensive and personal.
- Top lecturers. We combine strong academics with practitioners, especially in the finance courses.
- Hub of talent. We strive to develop the potential of the most ambitious students. Our alumni are highly successful on the job market and also receive numerous academic prizes and other accolades. The average wage premium of our graduates substantially exceeds the average wage premia of other schools in the country.
Join this webinar to learn how ACCA can make it happen, unlocking doors to exciting opportunities. Engage with the ACCA Europe team for a comprehensive overview of our qualification and answers to all your burning questions.
In addition to the standard courses that are run throughout the whole semester, we will be offering the following compact courses in the Summer Semester 2023/24 in a “block” format, i.e. delivered over 2-3 days. Use the unique opportunity to meet visiting professors from universities abroad and experts from private and international financial institutions to discuss attractive topics in detail!
Are you considering continuation of your studies at FSV UK on the PhD level? For detailed information about PhD study programs at FSV UK and admission procedure, just connect with us on 12 February 2024 at 4:00 p.m. CET.
Zuzana Havránková became a member of the editorial board of the Journal of Economic Surveys. Congratulations!
World Development, a leading academic journal in development studies and economics, just published a research article "Profit shifting of multinational corporations worldwide" by Petr Janský and Javier Garcia-Bernardo.
It is with deep sorrow that we announce that on January 22, 2024 Prof. Ing. Miloslav Vošvrda, CSc., at the age of 80, passed away. Professor Vošvrda was our long-time colleague at the Institute of Economic Studies, member of the Scientific Council of the FSV UK and Head of the Econometrics Department at the Institute of Information Theory and Automation.